SIMON SAYS - DYESTER DOES

My name is 'Dyester', i am a multi-genre producer, making hip hop, dubstep, dance music and whatever else takes my fancy. This blog is here to show you the work i do but also just for me to share with you my thoughts and feelings on any number of things. So if your tastes are as varied as mine, I'm going on a journey, take a walk with me...

Saturday 3 July 2010

Top Rated MC (2) - Mos Def

From family project 'U.T.D.', to 'Blackstar' with Talib Kweli, and throughout his solo career, Mos Def has made so many top class songs it's unreal.  One of the few mc's known for his freestyling background but also able to make truly classic tunes.  Mos Def was a prominent figure of the Rawkus Records, Lyricists Lounge movement in the late nineties which produced so many influential and timeless tracks. Mos has come back to top form in the last year or so in his work with 'The Gorillaz' and his third solo LP 'The Estatic'.
Use your eyes and ears to check out these videos of Mos in action.









The video of Mos Def freestyling is from the documentary 'Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme', I would highly recommend this film to anyone who loves hip hop, it's a must see.

No comments:

Post a Comment